By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Ferguson turns self in
Involved in a hit and run, chase, rammed police car
Wayne Ferguson

UPDATE 4:50 p.m. - The man who was alleged to have been involved in a hit-and-run accident in Muscoda, followed by a chase which involved a police car being rammed, has turned himself into authorities.

Wayne Ferguson was wanted on a Probation and Parole arrest warrant, in addition to the pending charges in connection with the incident, according to the Grant County Sheriff’s Office.
Ferguson was involved in a hit-and-run crash with an SUV driven by Christine Gulsrud, 44, Richland Center, on Wisconsin 133 at West Pine Road in the Town of Muscoda around 7:07 p.m. Ferguson turned north from 133 to West Pine Road in front of Gulsrud’s SUV, which was going west, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Gulsrud and her passengers, Anthony Davis, 19, Abbotsford, and Allyssa Lisney, 12, Richland Center, were wearing seat belts and had minor injuries.
Ferguson’s van lost its rear passenger-side tire, but Ferguson left the scene, driving east on 133 on three tires, according to the Sheriff’s Office. A Muscoda police officer saw Ferguson’s van near 133 and Sportsman’s Drive and tried to stop him, starting a pursuit through Musocda.
At one point during the pursuit Ferguson turned around and rammed the Muscoda police SUV, causing “moderate” front-end damage, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The pursuit ended at 133 and Sportsman’s Drive when Ferguson tried to ram the squad car again in reverse, though Ferguson missed the squad and ended up in the ditch. Ferguson then fled on foot, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Grant County K-9 A-Rod followed a 1.5-mile track to Ferguson’s house on Thrush Cove. A search of the property failed to find Ferguson. Sheriff’s deputies were told someone had picked up Ferguson just before authorities arrived.
The Muscoda officer was treated and released by Muscoda EMS for minor injuries.
Authorities believe alcohol contributed to the incident.
Ferguson has two pending citations for violation of state wild ginseng statues. He also has pending charges for criminal damage to property, with a trial scheduled for April, according to court records. He is free on a $500 signature bond.
Anyone with information on Ferguson’s whereabouts is asked to contact the sheriff’s Office, 723-2157, or Grant County Crime Stoppers, 1-800-789-6600.