When the Hillsboro School District opened for business Tuesday morning, there were six smiling new teachers who were a little nervous and very happy to greet their new students, but not nearly as excited as they were.
The only people more anxious to start the new year than the kids are the teachers, and especially those on their first day of a new assignment.
Although they were able to talk to many of their students and the parents at the meet and-greet school supply drop-off last week, Tuesday was the actual start of a new school year.
The new faculty members at Hillsboro High and Elementary Schools are:
• Agriculture Teacher Mollie Collins is a first year teacher from Adams-Friendship.
• Business Education Teacher Jessica Hubbard, the daughter of Dennis and Karen Hubbard, is a 2008 Hillsboro graduate who is beginning her first year as a teacher.
• Middle School Special Education Teacher John McMullen is in his first year of teaching and comes from Tomah, where his wife, Jill, is a medical doctor.
• Third grade teacher Andrea Mueller taught the last two years in Holmen. She is married to Matt Mueller, who is employed at Organic Valley, and has a son, Oakley.
• First grade teacher Krista Revels, the daughter of Jim and Judy Beaver, is a 2006 graduate of Hillsboro High School. In her fourth year, she previously taught in the Tomah School District. She is married to Heath Revels and has a son, Owen Revels.
• Instrumental Music Teacher Elliot Rittenberry is a first-year teacher from Chippewa Falls.