The Vernon County Democratic Party will hold a grand opening of its headquarters in Viroqua Saturday, April 9, culminating the local party’s “Democracy Week.”
The 1-7 p.m. open house at the historic Hotel Fortney, 102 N. Main St., will feature music by the local band Whiskey Chicken and brief talks by several state elected officials.
“Our new Main Street headquarters will be the hub of all activity in our county for the upcoming presidential, senatorial, congressional and state elections in 2016,” said Karen Dahl, county party co-chair. “We welcome everyone who wants to help us celebrate, meet and talk in person with influential political leaders, and help us prepare to win this fall.”
Speakers will be:
• State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, D-Alma, 1 p.m.
• Cole Leystra, deputy campaign manager for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Russ Feingold, approximately 3:30 p.m.
• Kory Kozloski, executive director, Wisconsin Democratic Party, approximately 3:30 p.m.
• State Sen. Jennifer Shilling, D-La Crosse, 4:30 p.m.
• Myron Buchholz, candidate, Democratic primary, Third Congressional district.
• State Rep. Steve Doyle, D-Onalaska.
Refreshments will be served. Beer and wine will be available.
The night before, on April 8, a coffee with Wisconsin Democratic Party chairperson Martha Laning will be held from 5-6:30 p.m.
Both events are free and open to the public.
Campaign materials for several races, including the Presidential, U.S. Senatorial and Congressional, are available at the headquarters.