By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Heating assistance available
WHEAP Income Guidelines

For those who are dealing with challenging financial situations, assistance may be available through Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP).

Most types of fuel are eligible to receive assistance. Whether you use wood, propane, natural gas, electricity, or fuel oil to heat your home, energy assistance is available if your household is at or under 60 percent of the state median income. In Crawford County, the assessment of income is made on the basis of income received in the previous three months.

To receive help, complete a Home Energy Plus application through the local WHEAP agency.  In Crawford County, that is Crawford County Human Services Department at 225 N Beaumont Rd Suite 326, Prairie du Chien, 608-326-0248. In Vernon County, contact Couleecap, 110 N. Main Street, Westby, 608-634-4575.