The return of UW–Platteville students was accompanied by a sharp increase in alcohol-related citations, whether or not those cited are UWP students.
• Michael H. Pederson, 21, Stillman Valley, Ill., was cited for public intoxication Sept. 1 around 3:35 a.m. after an officer “observed an intoxicated individual passed out” at 340 W. Mineral St.
• Benjamin J. Matthys, 22, Star Prairie, was cited for public intoxication Friday around 1:15 a.m. A police officer saw “a highly intoxicated individual” behind Players Bar, 50 E. Mineral St.
• Matthew G. Peckham, 23, Platteville, was cited for public intoxication in the parking lot of Milio’s Sandwiches, 90 E. Mineral St., Aug. 28 around 11:50 p.m. A business employee said a man was passed out and leaning against a vehicle in the parking lot.
• Olivia Jean Meylor, 19, Mount Horeb, was cited for underage drinking, underage drinking on a licensed premise and using a false ID on licensed premises Sept. 2 around 12:15 a.m. Meylor was cited during a police bar check at Orville T’s, 30 N. Second St.
• Maxwell E. Thorstad, 19, Platteville, was cited for underage drinking and open intoxicants Sept. 1 around 11:30 p.m. A police officer saw Thorstad at Main Street and North Hickory Street with an open intoxicant.
• Underage drinking and unnecessary-noise tickets were issued after a call to 440 N. Fourth St. Saturday around 12:20 a.m.
Ashley Allynn Schweitzer, 19, Appleton, and Forrest M. Wallace, 20, Roscoe, Ill., were cited for underage drinking. Trevor Niklaus Wittwer, 20, Platteville, was cited for loud and unnecessary noise.
A caller complained about a loud party in the area. Police cited two individuals outside the house when no one came to the door of the house.
• Three people were cited for underage drinking at 440 Market St. Saturday around 8:50 p.m.
Cited were Josua Michael Voss, 18, East Dubuque, Sarah L. Sheahan, 19, Platteville, and Jason J. Schneider, 19, East Dubuque.
Police were called for a noise complaint by someone who saw “individuals smoking something, not cigarettes,” but when police arrived they found no noise.
• Shawna M. Lange, 20, and Rebecca M. Goodman, 20, both of Platteville, were cited for underage drinking at 390 E. Mineral St. Sunday around 2:45 a.m. Police were notified of “a lot of screaming from upstairs.”
• Andrew Kenneth Monroe, 20, Platteville, was cited for underage drinking at 650 Jewett St. Sunday around 12:30 a.m. Police were called for “a lot of noise at this address.”
• Bryce E. Rudsinski, 22, Marengo, Ill., and Zachary C. Richardson, 23, Union, Ill., were cited for open intoxicants outside Orville T’s, 30 N. Second St., Sept. 1 around 1:35 a.m.
• Ryder A. Kappes, 19, Dubuque, was cited for open intoxicants and underage drinking at Bradford Street and Main Street Aug. 31 around 11:40 p.m. Kappes was seen by a police officer with an open can of Busch Light beer.
• Anthony A. Behrendt, 21, Platteville, was cited for open intoxicants outside Nick’s Bar, 74 N. Second St., Sept. 1 around 1:45 a.m. Behrendt was seen by an officer outside the bar with an open Miller Lite beer.
• Nathan W. Giese, 21, Platteville, was cited for open intoxicants outside Brothers on Second Bar, 90 N. Second St., Sept. 1 around 1:20 a.m.
• Patrick Lee Polzin, 21, Mayville, was cited for open intoxicants outside the Car Bar, 60 N. Second St., Aug. 31 around 12:55 a.m. Polzin was seen by an officer with an open can of beer.