CUBA CITY—Community input is requested at the Cuba City School’s design workshop and advisory taskforce meetings July 13 and 14.
The Cuba City School District has conducted a facilities study that determined there are several needs of repairs, updates and replacements at the school. Working with FEH Designs out of Dubuque, Iowa, the school plans to create a plan of action to make changes to the school buildings.
On July 13 and 14, the school is hosting a series of events to encourage public input on the process:
- Design workshop from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., architects will work on possible designs for potential projects; anyone with project ideas they would like to see drawn up should stop by the elementary cafeteria.
- Presentation at noon, the design team will present what it has come up with at that point and look for direction from the public.
- Hot dogs and chips will be served to attendees at 4:30 p.m.
- School tours will begin at 5 p.m. at the elementary school.
- The advisory task force meeting will start at 6 p.m. with a presentation of progress from the architects. This meeting will also go over cost estimates for the potential projects.
Refreshments will be available both days.
Action will be taken by the school board in August.
“I hope the residents of our school district have time to stop by, take a tour, see the needs and provide input into the discussions as we prepare our long term plan,” district administrator Roger Kordus said.
Topics currently being researched for the school improvement plan include:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) only at the elementary school
- HVAC improvements and a small classroom addition at elementary school
- HVAC, code and a small classroom addition at elementary school
- Junior high wing added to high school and elementary school
- Gym addition at elementary school with band room, renovate existing gym to accommodate space needs
- New gym at high school for competition and practice
- New elementary school
- Auditorium addition at high school
- Multipurpose room (auditorium, testing, dining, stage, meeting, classroom)
- New S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering & math) wing at high school allowing a move of middle school to high school
- District storage facility
- Code updates and remodel to move noise generators
- HVAC at high school only
For more information about the school facilities, the assessment that was conducted by FEH Designs is available online at http://goo.gl/CDifF5 or hard copies can be seen at several locations in Cuba City, Dickeyville and Kieler. Contact Kordus at 608-744-8888 with any questions.
If anyone does not have transportation to attend the July 13 or 14 planning days, contact the district office at 608-744-8888 by July 12 to sign up for a ride.