At a special meeting April 15, the Hillsboro City Council selected a new alderman to fill the Third Ward seat of the late Alderman R. Dale Jones, in addition to approving mayoral appointments for 2014-2015.
Attorney Garth Hitselberger was appointed to the open seat by Mayor Greg Kubarski and approved by a vote of the full Council.
Hitselberger and Alderman Elizabeth Parish previously served together on the now-defunct Hillsboro Economic Revitalization Organization (HERO).
Alderman Mark Lankey was selected to replace Jones as the Council President.
A number of standing committees were also appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Council. They include:
• Safety and Welfare: Chairwoman Pat Moen, Tom Hotek, Randall Seeley, and Darrow Novy.
• Finance and Personnel: Chairman Mark Lankey, Elizabeth Parish, Mike Clark, Tom Hotek.
• Improvement and Services: Chairman Darrow Novy, Randall Seeley, Garth Hitselberger, Mark Lankey.
Other offices include:
• City Attorney: Steven A Roy, Timothy M. Homar, Geier, Homar, and Roy L.L.P.
• Official Bank: Farmers State Bank.
• Official Newspaper: Hillsboro Sentry-Enterprise.
• City Assessor: Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. Appleton, Wisconsin.
• City Engineer: Rob Uphoff, Mid-States Associates.
• Building Inspector: Dan Huebner, General Engineering.
• City Development Block Grant Committee: Administrator Fay Urban, Brian Richardson, Pat Moen, Tom Hotek.
• Emergency Government: Chairman Tom Hotek, Greg Kubarski, Mike Burch, Tom Richardson, Adam Sonntag.
• Police Committee: Ron Nemec, Rocky Johnson, Richard Sebranek.
• City Development Authority: Mike Burch, Karen Stanek, Bob Potter, Bobbi Richardson, Randall Seeley, Darrow Novy.
• Weed Commission: Terry Revels, Sheila Schraufnagel.
• City Plan Commission: Chairman Greg Kubarski, Mark Lankey, Elizabeth Parish, Tom Hotek, Steve Hofmeister, Mike Burch.
• Board of Review: Sheila Schruafnagel, Elizabeth Parish, Mark Lankey, Randall Seeley, Mike Clark.
• Ambulance Association: Greg Kubarski.
• Fire Association: Darrow Novy, Richard Sebranek, Pat Moen, Greg Kubarski, Adam Sonntag (Alternate).
• Library Board: Teresa Krajco (School), Adam Sonntag (City), Lisa Verbsky, Rozanne Novy, Alan Picha, Sharon Daines (County), Natalie Adams, Carole Moe, Nicole Morris (County), Shirley Green (County).
• Zoning Board of Appeals: Garth Hitselberger, Tom Hotek, Jim Riebe, Lavone Hooker, Mike Burch, Randy Seeley (1st Alternate), Open Seat (2nd Alternate).
• Parks and Recreation : Greg Kubarski, Elizabeth Parish, Randall Seeley.
• Municipal Court: Adam Sonntag.
• Room Tax Commission: Nancy Picha, Carol Jefferies, Greg Kubarski, Barb Revels, Mark Lankey.
• Health Officer: Lea Cornell, MD.
–H.S. Leverenz contributed to this report.