CRAWFORD COUNTY Land Conservation Department has announced the final composition of the CAFO Study Group called for in the one-year CAFO moratorium passed by the Crawford County Board at their December 2019 meeting. The first meeting of the Study Group will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 10 a.m., in the Crawford County Administration Building in Prairie du Chien.
The two citizen members of the Study Group will be:
• Janet Widder, a farmer in Marietta Township, whose property is close by the proposed expansion of the Roth Feeder Pigs CAFO. Widder served as a member of the Marietta Township CAFO Study Committee before the town board voted to rescind the moratorium.
• Nikki Wagner, CAFO Nutrient Management Specialist with Frontier-Servco FS. Wagner is the individual that works with Roth Feeder Pigs on their nutrient management plans.
In addition, other members called for in the moratorium will include:
• Supervisor Dave Olson, member of the Land Conservation Committee, will chair the Study Group.
• County Conservationist Dave Troester will represent the Land Conservation, Planning and Zoning Department.
• Jessica Spade is the Crawford County Community Development Agent.
• Public Health Officer Cindy Riniker will represent the Crawford County Department of Public Health.• Kim Moret is a dairy producer in the county.