Thanks to proceeds from the Vernon County Dairy Youth Fund, there is an upcoming educational tour scheduled for April 11 inviting all Vernon County dairy youth that are members of 4-H, FFA and dairy breed organizations to attend.
Parents/guardians are also welcomed based on room availability.
The intent of the tour is to expose dairy youth to new and innovative aspects of the dairy industry, encouraging them to consider careers in the dairy industry including dairy production. Attendees’ only cost is for ice cream at Babcock Ice Cream in Madison. Transportation and lunch are provided by the Dairy Youth Fund.
The schedule is as follows:
• 8 a.m.: Leave, Vernon County Extension Office parking lot (the group will travel in the county 4-H van and two additional large passenger vans)
• 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Tour ABS Global, DeForest
• 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Lunch at ABS provided by Dairy Youth Fund
• 12:30-2 p.m.: Tour Arlington Farms, Arlington
• 2-2:30 p.m.: Travel to UW-Madison campus
• 2:30-3 p.m.: Babcock Hall Dairy Store guided observation and ice cream (on your own)
• 3:15-3:45 p.m.: Tour UW-Madison Dairy Cattle Center on campus
• 3:45 p.m.: Travel home
• 6 p.m.: Arrive in Viroqua
If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by April 7 to Gail Klinkner, 608-606-0183 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Julie Larson, 608-778-2459 or email@example.com.