Friends of the Hillsboro Public Library has announced final plans for the 2015 “Musicale,” July 9, at the lakefront gazebo in Field Veterans Memorial Park.
This free concert features incredibly talented musicians, face painting, and food sales by Hillsboro Excellence in Education and the Hillsboro Woman’s Civic Club.
Winners of a huge Lions Club raffle to benefit the Hillsboro Library will be drawn at the Musicale. This year’s prizes include the following: a year of Organic Valley products, ($520 value), donated by Organic Valley; Green Bay Packers football with signatures of all 2014 players, donated by the Packers; a STIHL FS 38 grass trimmer (valued at $130), donated by Hillsboro Equipment; a one-night stay in the Hotel Hillsboro, donated by Hotel Hillsboro; a Louet high speed spinning wheel, donated by Ruth Stanton; $75 worth of landscaping materials, donated by Hillsboro Cement Products; paintings on glass by Gail Fleming and Millie Kastner; and many, many additional items. A display and complete list of prizes may be viewed at the library. Raffle tickets, $2 each or 3/$5, are available at the library, from library board members, and at Sterba Insurance. Free will donations to benefit the library will be accepted as well.
Mary (“Musical Mary”) Siefert, Program Director, has put together an outstanding schedule of performances:
• 5-6 p.m.: Open Mic: This is your opportunity to perform. Give your name to D.J. Jacob Olson, and he will call you in turn. The length of individual performances will be limited only by available time, but will probably run 5-10 minutes.
• 6 p.m.: Welcome
• 6:05 p.m.: Gloria Homeschool Choir: “Star-Spangled Banner” and additional pieces
• 6:20 p.m.: Ryan Baldridge: Piano solos
• 6:28 p.m.: Leroy Peterson: Music made famous by Elvis and Johnny Cash
• 6:40 p.m.: Suzanna and Daniel Ray: Cello/violin duet: “The Passacaglia” by Johan Halvorsen
• 6:46 p.m.: Jory Rafel: Piano interlude
• 6:56 p.m.: The Wild Mustangs: 1960s rock
• 7:13 p.m.: Don Haworth: Roy Orbison medley
• 7:25 p.m.: Hill and Valley Dixieland Band with Don Haworth: Tribute to Louis Armstrong
• 7:38 p.m.: Four-hands piano duets by Cherish Rafajko & Rachel Haworth, Sophie & Gabrielle Sebranek
• 7:45 p.m.: Paige Verbsky: Traditional vocal solo
• 7:56 p.m.: Emily Stanek: Country vocal solo
• 8:08 p.m.: “Blues Brothers” medley
• 8:16 p.m.: Don and Rachel Haworth: Patriotic tribute
• 8:25 p.m.: Drawing for raffle prizes
• 8:40 p.m.: Warner Creek Blue Grass Extravaganza
“Musical Mary” has also set up a Facebook page (Musicale - Friends of the Library, Hillsboro, WI) and a text alert service through “Rained Out” (dial 84483 and text “Musicale”) to inform area residents of any last-minute changes in the program or (heaven forbid!) rescheduling due to weather. Rain date for the Musicale is July 16.
“But,” added Bob Potter, of the Friends of the Hillsboro Public Library, “we have requested perfect weather for the Fourth Annual Musicale, as has been the case in past years. Bring your lawn chairs, bug spray, and winning raffle tickets, and enjoy a wonderful evening of music, food, and family fun.”