SOUL (Save Our Unique Lands) of Wisconsin urges residents from throughout Wisconsin to attend and voice their opinions at the upcoming Wisconsin Public Service Commission (PSC) hearings on the Badger Coulee proposal.
The proposal, which includes an option for a transmission line from north of La Crosse to the Madison area, would affect ratepayers throughout the state as well as property owners and communities along a chosen route if the PSC approves the transmission option.
With a declining rate of growth in energy use and more acceptance of alternatives, SOUL contends that building the transmission lines would not be the best energy policy for Wisconsin’s future. More than 2,000 residents and nearly 100 municipalities have asked the PSC for a cost/benefit analysis comparing this and seven other lines on the drawing boards with alternatives such as energy efficiency, load management and local solar generation. Despite the requests, which have been supported by a dozen state legislators, the PSC has failed to provide such a study.
The hearings will be held:
• Monday, Dec. 8, Waunakee Village Community Center, 333 S. Madison St., Waunakee
• Tuesday, Dec. 9, Town of Holland Town Hall, W7937 Co. Road MH, Holmen
• Wednesday, Dec.10, Cashton Community Hall, 811 Main St., Cashton
• Thursday, Dec. 11, Three Bears Lodge, 701 Yogi Circle, Warrens
• Monday, Dec. 15, Kalahari Resorts, Suite A, 1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells
All hearings begin at 3 p.m. and continue until public commenting is complete.
For ride-share information, contact (608) 625-2339.
For further information, visit SOULWisconsin.org or contact Joan Kent, (608) 625-2339.