CRAWFORD, VERNON, RICHLAND - Don’t be surprised this week if you receive a mailing from either the Crawford or Richland County Land Conservation Departments (depending on which county you live in) inviting you to participate in their 2020 well-testing program. Participants will be able to access the well test free of charge, with results being returned directly and confidentially to the well owner.Crawford and Richland counties are using a random selection process from among owners of known septic systems in the county. If you have been selected, you will receive a letter printed on blue paper with all the details.
In Crawford County, to reserve your spot, please respond as directed no later than March 27. Once you are signed up, you will be able to pick up your sample bottle from the Crawford County Land Conservation Department by April 24. Their office is located in the Crawford County Administration Building in Prairie du Chien, 225 Beaumont Road, Suite 230.
In Richland County, to participate, you must pick up the sample containers between April 20-24 at the Richland County Land Conservation Department, 26136 Executive Lane, Room 102. Please bring your letter with you when you come to pick up the container.
Samples in Crawford, Richland and Vernon counties will all be taken by the well owner on May 4, and delivered to one of the collection sites spread around the three counties – you can drop off the sample at whichever location is most convenient to you in any of the three counties.
• Wauzeka Village Hall, 213 E. Front St., Wauzeka, 7 a.m. to noon
• Ferryville Village Hall, 170 Pine St., Ferryville, 7 a.m. to noon
• County Highway Shop, 21515 State Hwy 27, Seneca, 7 a.m. to noon
• Gays Mills Public Library, 16381 State Hwy 131, Gays Mills, 7 a.m. to noon
• Crawford County Land Conservation Department, 225 N. Beaumont Rd., Suite 230, Prairie du Chien, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Viola Village Office building, 106 W Wisconsin, Viola, 7 a.m. to noon
• Willow Community Center, 31401 Community St, Village of Lloyd, 7 a.m. to noon
• Richwood Town Hall, 11801 DD Lane, Blue River, 7 a.m. to noon
• Richland County Land Conservation Department Office, 26136 Executive Lane Room 102, Richland Center, 7 a.m. to noon
Vernon Countyis happy to announce that for a limited time you can get more than 50 percent off of a water sample.
If interested, you must contact Vernon County Land & Water at 608-637-5480 or email@example.com. Participation is first come first serve and is very limited to 10 samples per township.
The total cost of the Homeowners Package Water Test is $55. If you are selected (by email or calling ASAP), the cost to you will only be $25! And the Land Conservation Department will take care of shipping to the lab!
Only sign up if you are able to collect on May 4 and get the sample to one of the drop-off sites.
Vernon next steps
-Contact Vernon County Land & Water 608-637-5480 (Sarah) or firstname.lastname@example.org
-Find out that you have been selected
-Pick up water sample kit from our office in Viroqua and pay $25 share
-Be able to collect your sample on May 4 and bring it to one of the drop off sites.
-Wait for results and information on when to attend water testing educational event (optional)
What you need to know
-Call ASAP and make sure you pick up the testing bottle and can drop off on May 4.
-All participants will be kept anonymous - your results are your own!
• Viola Village Office, 106 W. Wisconsin St., Viola, 7 a.m. to noon
• Hotel Hillsboro, 1235 Water Ave., Hillsboro, 7:30 a.m. to noon
• Red Mound Store, E2184 Hwy 82, DeSoto, 7:30 a.m. to noon• Vernon County Health Department, 318 Fairlane Drive, Viroqua, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.