SENECA - The Seneca Area School District’s final budget was proved at the school board’s regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, Oct. 22. He balanced budget contains $4,478, 136 in revenues and the same amount in expenditures.
The Fund 10 Tax Levy will be $1,652, 787 and the total tax levy will be $1,693, 475. The tax levy is 3.89 percent higher than the previous tax levy. The mil rate will be $10.16 up slightly from last year’s $10.07. The mil rate represents the amount of taxes charged for every $1,000 of equalized valuation of property.
The budget is unchanged from the budget approved at the annual meeting earlier in the month. Charles Clark moved to approve the budget as proposed. The motion was seconded by Shawn Lenzendorf and approved by the board.
In other business, the Seneca School Board:
• learned 3-M had donated $4,400 worth of supplies like sticky notes tap dispensers and the like e to the school
• learned the Seneca Education Foundation had donated $7,600 to the school
• learned the second phage of the state’s school security grant in the amount of $16,100ti be used for school safety training
• received an update on the installation and use of the new electronically controlled locks and the camera system
• decided the Monthly Recognition Award should be given to the Seneca volleyball team and the Seneca-Wauzeka-Steuben football team for winning the respective conference championships
After a closed session, the board reconvened in open decision and approved Morgan Wall as the middle school boys basketball coach.