Southwest Health Center Foundation awarded scholarships amounting to $13,500 for students who are pursuing education in a health-related field.
Mackenzie Bartels, a 2013 Platteville High School graduate, will be attending Winona State University to pursue a Nursing Degree. Bartels received the Thelma Longhorn Memorial Scholarship for Nursing, the Gene and Jan Weber Scholarship, and a matching scholarship from the Medical Staff of Southwest Health Center.
The following students were awarded Southwest Health Center Foundation Scholarships from the Lyle qnd Lenice Curtis Fund:
• UW–Platteville premed student Brett Carr, who plans to pursue a career in orthopedic surgery.
• UW–Madison first-year medical student Melissa Carr, who is interested in primary care, particularly family medicine.
• Maggie Droessler, a Clarke University student pursuing a degree in Nursing.
• Kyi Ehlen, who is attending UW–Platteville in the Physical Education and Health Promotions Program.
• Paige Heim, who is attending UW–La Crosse to become a Physician’s Assistant.
• Cassandra McCarthy, a 2013 graduate of Belmont High School who will be entering the Pre-Professional Health Program at UW–Oshkosh.
• Morgan McComish, who will be attending UW–Oshkosh in Nursing.
• Jaimee Moran, who is attending UW–Eau Claire in Health Care Administration.
• Hailey Richardson, a nursing student at Viterbo University.
• Holly Tanner, a Radiology Technologist, who is in Northeast Iowa Community College’s MRI Program.
• Allison Timmerman, a 2013 graduate of Cuba City High School who will attend UW–Madison in biology with pre-med intentions.
• Nicole Zimmerman, a 2013 graduate of Cuba City High School who will attend Winona State University in Nursing with plans to become a Nurse Practitioner.