The Vernon Farm Service Agency (FSA) office is currently searching for minority and female producers interested in serving as an advisor to the FSA County Committee. It is recommended that interested groups or individuals send advisor nominations to the FSA Office by Jan. 25.
“The person selected to serve as an advisor will be instrumental in increasing the awareness and participation in FSA activities, including elections,” said Katharine Lewison, Director of the Vernon County FSA Office. “The advisor will help insure that problems and viewpoints of underrepresented groups are understood and considered in local FSA actions.”
Other duties include:
• Attending each committee meeting, including executive sessions.
• Participating in all deliberations, although advisors will not have voting rights.
• Helping to develop interest and incentives in female and minority group members for considering FSA work as a career.
• Actively soliciting candidates from underrepresented groups for nomination during the committee election process.
• Performing special duties at the County Committee’s request.
Appointments are for a 12-month period, effective March 1.
County Committee members and advisors make decisions that are important to farmers and agricultural landowners throughout the county. As a representative of the U.S. government entrusted with this responsibility, each committee member and advisor must make sure all producers are treated fairly.
If interested in serving as an advisor to the FSA County Committee for 2016, contact Lewison at the Vernon County FSA office. Nominations can be sent to the FSA office at 220 Airport Road, Viroqua, WI 54665, by e-mail to email@example.com, or by fax to 855-813-6652.