The Juneau County Economic Development Corporation (JCEDC) has announced the ninth annual Volk Field Small Business Conference, “Contracting in Times of Emergency, Disaster, and Crisis,” July 29-30 at Volk Field in Camp Douglas.
“If your business would like to sell products or services to the government or to a prime contractor I encourage you to attend,” said Tamaya Oldenhoff, JCEDC Assistant Director. “Buyers from government as well as prime contractors will be there for one-on-one meetings with you.”
• Contracting opportunities in emergency preparedness and disaster relief
• Networking and roundtables
• Growing business capacity and capabilities
• Capabilities statement competition and exhibit
• Current issues in government contracting
• Financing and bonding for small businesses
• Social media and data security
• Presentations by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), current contractors, federal and state agencies
Registration is required, and the registration fee does not include transportation or lodging. However, some meals are included.
In addition, JCEDC is hosting a government grant opportunities seminar July 29, immediately prior to the conference.
The seminar is especially relevant for city administrators, fire/rescue and ambulance services, to learn where and how to tap into grants that can help their communities.
The event is free, but registration is required. Registration is from 8-9 a.m., with the program to follow from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at Lemonweir Valley Telcom, 127 US Hwy. 12, Camp Douglas.
For both events, visit www.wispro.org for updated information and registration or contact Jacob Haupt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-270-3600.