Vernon County Sheriff John Spears and Richland County Sheriff James Bindl report the apprehension of Joseph Jakubowski, the wanted fugitive from Rock County, WI. The Vernon County Sheriff’s Office received a credible tip Thursday night at 7:11 PM, indicating Jakubowski was spotted in a remote location, off County Road U, near the Vernon and Richland County line, south of Viola. A perimeter was established and maintained throughout the night by multiple law enforcement agencies. The Federal Bureau of Investigation also responded and Jakubowski was taken into custody, without incident, at approximately 6:00 AM, Friday morning.
Assisting the Vernon and Richland County Sheriff’s Offices were:
• Crawford County Sheriff’s Office
• La Crosse County Sheriff’s Office
• Rock County Sheriff’s Office
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Wisconsin State Patrol
• Readstown Police Department
• La Farge Police Department
• Richland Center Police Department
• Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation
• West Central Metropolitan Enforcement Group
• Middleton Fire Department (UAV air support)
• Readstown EMS
• Kickapoo Rescue Squad
Firearms were located in the area Jakubowski was apprehended. Jakubowski was transported to the Rock County Jail, in Janesville, WI. Law Enforcement would like to thank all of the agencies who responded quickly and worked tirelessly and efficiently to bring safe closure to this situation.