Platteville-area organizations received Platteville Community Fund grants at the fund’s fall grant reception Thursday.
Grant recipients include:
• Family Advocates, for the Kids in Transition project.
• The Grant County Historical Society for UV mitigation shades for the Laura Rountree Stone Cottage.
• The Platteville Chorale Inc, in support of the Platteville Children’s Choir regional tour.
• The Platteville Community Arboretum to purchase GPS devices for the environmental education lending library, a self-propelled field and brush mower, and signage for the arboretum trail.
• The Platteville Holiday Project to fund new books for each child.
• Platteville Main Street, Inc., for its build a bike rack competition.
• Southwest Opportunities Center to upgrade its Human Services vehicle.
• Southwest Wisconsin Technical College Foundation for computers for the Platteville Outreach Center.
The fund awarded more than $14,000 in grants in its fall cycle, out of the $37,223 sought in 18 grant applications.
The Platteville Community Fund accepts grant applications twice yearly. For more information, contact Eileen Nickels, 778-2959, or Barb Daus, 778-3344, email@example.com, or visit www.cfsw.org.