I wouldn’t be at all surprised if more than the usual amount of Badger basketball fans are still recovering from Saturday’s barn-burner.
It came down to a final Arizona shot that never should have been taken, but was gifted to them by two referees who thought an obstructed camera replay was more telling than their fellow ref who ruled for a Badgers inbound while he was standing three feet away from the action.
What would make two referees ask for a camera replay when their partner had already made the right call from perfect position? I would like to have heard the “discussion” on the incident in their locker room right after the game! It certainly wasn’t much of a vote of confidence for their fellow zebra.
Fortunately, it turned out to simply add one more huge moment of drama without causing any damage to a great game.
But, can’t you just hear some kid react to the missed shot with a loud “cheaters proof!”
After the smoke had cleared, an amazing coincidence occurred to me. It wasn’t that long ago that a Badger football team was hung out to dry on the last play of the game by a set of clueless referees who let time run out after the ball had been downed by the quarterback, thus preventing a likely winning field goal on the last play of the game.
After fleeing the field without even offering an explanation to the Badgers, the cowards were assessed a one-week suspension by their League. Oh my, what a tough penalty for setting back Wisconsin’s rankings for the rest of the year.
Now, consider this. Both opponents in, different sports with heart stopping finales involving referees’ decisions, were from Arizona.
There’s something creepy about that.
Here are some actual comments made by police officers during traffic stops that were taken from police car videos all around the country. Of course, we all can testify that none of them were our officers!
• “Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven!”
• “The last answer will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?”
• “You know, stop lights don’t come any redder than the one you just drove through.”
• “No, sir. We don’t have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we are allowed to write as many tickets as we can.”
• “Warning? You want a warning? Okay, I’m warning you not to do that again or I’ll give you another ticket!”
• “You didn’t think that we give pretty women tickets? You’re right, we don’t....Sign here!”