Organic Valley, the nation’s largest cooperative of organic farmers, will host their 10th Annual Kickapoo Country Fair on Saturday, July 27 from noon until 10:30 p.m.
The festival of fun features something for everyone, from workshops on beekeeping and mushroom foraging, a petting zoo and kids’ activities, to live music and, of course, delicious local and organic food. In celebration of Organic Valley’s 25th Anniversary, the Kickapoo Country Fair is FREE for all attendees!
Headliners and highlights include:
• Live music all day including the headliner, experimental indie rock band Cloud Cult
• Keynote address by Ken Cook, president and co-founder of the Environmental Working Group
• A 25th Anniversary address by Organic Valley CEO George Siemon, joined by key figures from the cooperative’s history
• Workshops focusing on organic and sustainable food, including cooking demonstrations by local chefs
• Lifestyle workshops providing practical green living ideas and advice on beekeeping, permaculture, composting and more
• A food foraging adventure through the woods led by local wild plant expert and herbalist John Holzwart
• An organic farm tour and the opportunity to meet area Organic Valley family farmers
• Free, delicious, local and organic food sampling all day long
• Children’s activities and more
Organizers suggest bringing your own water container and silverware.
pets are not allowed on the site, nor should they be brought and left in vehicles.
The Kickapoo Country Fair is held at Organic Valley’s headquarters at One Organic Way in LaFarge.
For more information about the event, including event schedule, lodging information and to purchase tickets, visit www.kickapoocountryfair.org.