This Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon, is North Crawford’s ‘Spring It On!’ community event, promoting healthy lifestyles.
Wellness programing in the North Crawford School District was recently bolstered by the U.S. Department of Education’s Carol M. White Physical Education Promotion grant and a growing partnership with Vernon Memorial Healthcare.
• 5K Family Fun Walk/Run on our newly cleared scenic trail, to include two start times, 9:15 a.m. and 10 a.m. Free t-shirts will be provided to the first 125 participants in each group.
• PEP Grant Exercise Equipment Showcase designed to provide an interactive experience with our new iDance, Polar Cardio GX system, and many other elements that make up the new face of North Crawford School District’s Physical Education program.
• PEP Grant Raised Bed Gardens Showcase a new elementary school project created to show younger students how much fun gardening can be and to promote the health benefits of consuming fresh fruit and vegetables.
• Free Health Checks provided by Vernon Memorial Healthcare to include: Body Composition Analysis, Blood Pressures, Shoe Checks, and confirming Healthy Backs.
• Healthy Lifestyles Fair including a host of representatives from local farmer’s markets, parks and recreation, outdoor motion activities and upcoming events.
In order to celebrate this occasion a light healthy lunch, prepared by Chef Monique Hooker, will be provided at 11:15 a.m.
This event is free of charge and the public is welcome.