The Boscobel Area School District’s Board of Trustees approved hiring a new elementary music teacher at a special meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Lyssa Stolte will join the district with a contract that will be prorated to beginning after the school year has begun. Her contract will pay $41,149 for 189 days plus benefits, 10 sick days, two personal days and no vacation.
The contract for Activities Director Joey Martin also received approval. The contract alters Martin’s position, making him the District Assessment Coordinator for testing requirements. His position will divide his time between activities director (63.75-percent), physical education (11.25-percent) and testing coordination.
In other business, the Boscobel School Board:
• voted to deny payment to the 6th grade volunteer helpers at Wyalusing;
• authorized Todd Miller and Crystal Brown to sign on behalf of Boscobel Area Schools accounts and certificates of deposits for Peoples State Bank;
• authorized Todd Miller, Crystal Brown and Heather Breunig are authorized to access the Safety Deposit Box at Community First Bank;
• approved signatories for deposit inquiries; and
• discussed employee handbook language, stopping at Appendix A.