MT. STERLING - The32nd annual Mt. Sterling antique tractor stone-boat pull was held on Sunday, October 6, 2019, at Olson Feed Service with 40 tractors participating. Top finishers for each class were as follows:
1. 2600 pounds: 1. John Saegrove, Allis Chalmers C; and 2. Jim Wedeberg, Allis Chalmers C.
2. 3100 pounds: 1. Mark Saegrove, Allis Chalmers WC; and 2. Warren Snider, Ferguson 20.
3. 3600 pounds: 1. Dave Saegrove, Allis Chalmers WD.
4. 4100 pounds: 1. Dave Saegrove, Massey Harris 101; and 2. Paul Gianoli, Oliver 88.
5. 4600 pounds: 1. Alan Bohland, Oliver 88; 2. Richard Bohland, Oliver 88; and 3. Carson Sime, John Deere B.
6. 5100 pounds: 1. Mark Saegrove, Oliver 88; 2. Jon Anderson, John Deere 50; and 3. Anson Thompson, Allis Chalmers D15.
7. 5600 pounds: 1. Dan Fjelstad, Case DC; 2. John Kramer, Oliver 880; and 3. Justin Check, Minneapolis Moline 4-Star.
8. 6100 pounds: 1.Dan Fjelstad, Case DC; 2. Mark Saegrove, Farmall M; and 3. Thurman Vangen, Minneapolis Moline UB.
9. 6600 pounds: 1. Mark Saegrove, Minneapolis Moline U; 2. Dan Wedeberg, John Deere G; and 3. Jerry Becwar, John Deere G.
10. 7100 pounds: 1. Dave Saegrove, Farmall M; 2. Preston Herfel, John Deere 630; and 3. Tom Sime, John Deere G.
11. 7600 pounds: 1. Al Sime, John Deere D; and 2. Chris Olson, IH W9.
12. 8100 pounds: 1. Ron Ellefson, Minneapolis Moline 5-Star; and 2. Dave Saegrove, Farmall M.
13. 9100 pounds: 1. Antoine Sime, John Deere 820.
Organizers extend thanks to all who helped in any way, especially those who brought tractors to pull and those who volunteered to ride the sled. Special thanks to Olson Feed Service for providing an excellent site for the pull, bags of lime for sled weight, and the scale. Thanks also to the Ferryville Antique Club for use of the PA system, Brian and Antoine Sime for doing the announcing, and Jon Anderson for providing and driving the pull-back tractor. Thanks to the Mt. Sterling Lutheran Church for providing food service.