By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Buildings lost in fire
Multiple fire departments called
Members of the Platteville Fire Department sift through the debris on Friday evening, making sure there are no hot spots.

At about 7 p.m. on Friday evening, Oct. 14, the Platteville Fire Department was called to the Amos Beiler farm at 648 Waterfall Road for a structure fire. Upon arrival, a chicken coop on the property was engulfed in flames.
According to Dave Izzard, Platteville fire chief, because of the high winds, the fire spread to an adjacent machine shed on the property. "It was difficult to get ahead of it," he said.
Both buildings were destroyed by the fire, along with about 12,000 chickens.
The Platteville Fire Department called in mutual aid from surrounding areas, including the Livingston-Clifton, Lancaster, Rewey, and Montfort fire departments. Firefighters were on scene for several hours.
Platteville EMS also responded to treat a few firefighters for fatigue.
Early indications point to a malfunctioning oil lantern as a cause for the fire.