By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Hillsboro man dies in house fire
Placeholder Image

Philip Schaller, 84, of Hillsboro died June 20 of smoke inhalation following a house fire at the residence of his daughter, Nadine Parr, at 1103 Water Ave.

A Hillsboro Fire Department search-and-rescue team removed the unconscious Schaller from the building. He was transported by the Hillsboro Ambulance Service to Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

He owned and operated the Danceland Tavern, located between Ontario and Cashton on Hwy. 33, for 50 years.