The first baby to be born in Platteville this year has an additional distinction:
Her father works where she was born.
Corinne May Klann, the first child of Dr. Andrew and Luella Klann of Potosi, was born at Southwest Health Center in Platteville Friday at 7:05 p.m.
Corinne was 18½ inches long and weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces at birth.
On hand for the C-section birth — besides, obviously, Corinne’s mother — were her father, along with his partner, surgeon Jason Klovning, M.D., and Dr. Wendy Molaska.
Andrew Klann, a doctor of osteopathic medicine, practices family medicine at both Southwest Health Center and Dean Clinic — including, yes, obstetrics.
Luella as of Friday is a full-time mother.
Corinne seemed uninterested in the hoopla over being the first baby of 2013, not even bothering to wake up for photos.
The first new parents of 2013 are receiving:
• A $50 savings bond from Clare Bank.
• Free dessert from Country Kitchen.
• An ice cream cake from DQ Grill & Chill.
• $25 deposited into a savings account for Corinne from Dupaco Credit Union.
• A fresh-cut floral arrangement from Erschen’s Florist.
• A $100 gift card from Kwik Trip.
• Two free movie passes from Millennium Cinema.
• One free family size pizza from Papa Murphy’s.
• A $10 gift card from Piggly Wiggly.
• $10 in cleaning and pressing from Platteville Cleaners.
• One free small pizza from Pizzeria Uno.
• A $10 gift card from Subway.
• A free entrée with the purchase of one entrée from Take 2 Restaurant.
• A free six-month subscription to The Platteville Journal.