Tinkers Bluff has a different appearance after the Hillsboro City Council ushered through two proposals needed to amend the current covenants.
The first was the need to change the zoning on lots 18, 25, 26, to R2 and lot 44 to R4.
The second was to change the zoning on lots 45, 46,47, and 48. from multi-family (R4) to single family residential (R1).
City Administrator Adam Sonntag said there is an interest to develop these lots and it would be in the best interest to the City and to Tinkers Bluff residents.
The proposals were accepted at two recent meetings–a special City Council meeting at the Firemen’s Community Center Aug. 26, and the second at the regular monthly Council meeting Sept. 21.
During the first meeting, the City and various Tinkers Bluff property owners met the required 66% threshold to amend the Tinkers Bluff covenants.
At Monday night’s meeting, there was a public hearing pertaining to a zoning change application for lots 45-48 in the Tinkers Bluff subdivision.
Afterward, the Council approved the application.
In other action, the Council:
• Approved an outdoor consumption street use permit for Hillsboro Brewing Company.
• Approved a Class B beer retailer’s license and Class C wine retailers’ license for Hillsboro Brewing Company–Snapper Verbsky.
• Approved an outdoor consumption permit for Brandon Nickey/Station 2 Pub.
• Approved a snow-hauling contract with Southwest Sanitation.
• Approved action on a water reservoir rehabilitation contract with DN Tanks for $165,100.
• Approved action on the hospital buy-back agreement with an extension to Jan. 31, 2017.
• Reviewed and approved the sale of the city’s used Christmas decorations for $512.