A HOUSE FIRE at the Al and Dianne Black home on Ames Road, Darlington happened Monday, Jan. 15 at 1:14 p.m. Large amounts of smoke where seen in all areas of the structure. Darlington Fire Chief Ted McDermott said, “The fire started as a chimney fire. The fire was contained to the addition with heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.”
Dianne Black stated, “I came home to let the dog out and found the interior of the home full of smoke. I whistled and the dog came out and I put her in a vehicle, then I called 911.” Wind played a huge role in the advancement of the fire.