Hillsboro and other area cities and villages have announced trick-or-treat hours for Halloween.
On the big day, potential trick-or-treaters should remember some safety tips.
• Children should be accompanied by an adult, even when they get a little older, and should wear light-colored clothing. If possible, they should wear something reflective so other people can see them in the darkness.
• Trick-or-treaters should also visit homes where the porch light is on and try and stay in neighborhoods with which they are familiar.
However, trick-or-treaters are not the only people who should exercise caution. Drivers also need to be attentive for children participating in trick-or-treat.
Halloween trick-or-treat hours
• Hillsboro: Oct. 31, 4-7 p.m.
• Elroy: Oct. 31, 4-7 p.m.
• Union Center: Oct. 31, 4-6 p.m.
• Wonewoc: Oct. 31, 4-6 p.m.